I set up this web site in the hope that you will enjoy my work and perhaps find it inspirational. You are encouraged to use my images ! As a contribution to the community, I provide images at a fairly high resolution, with a generous personal "fair use" policy. In return I ask that (a) you do not use the images and text in a way which compromises my copyright (it is the essence of my ability to earn money as a photographer), (b) if you receive money for using my images or text, then you should pay me some.
Unless explicitly mentioned otherwise, all photographs and text appearing on the photo.fx4.net site are the exclusive intellectual property of D. Scott Frey. No images are within the Public Domain, and no image use besides those authorized in this document are permitted without a contract.
How you might use the pictures on this site as free images
Personal "fair use" is encouraged and includes:
- Screen-saver or background image on your computer
- Emailing a copy to a friend
- Printing a few copies on your printer (although if you want something nice to display on your wall, I'd recommend you order a photographic print from me).
- Limited diffusion in educational documents such as school reports and thesis.
- Displaying on a personal or non-profit web page, provided that you display next to the image: (a) copyright information and (b) an active link to the photo.fx4.net website (http://photo.fx4.net).
In addition, you are always encouraged to make a link to any of the web pages included in this server without any restriction. In fact, if you use any of my images outside a web site and happen to maintain a web site, I'd appreciate if you'd give me a link.
I prefer that you to do NOT embed images into a web page, that is to have a direct link to any image (jpeg file) that is hosted here. If you do so, please note that this is considered to be an "image use", and therefore must comply with the conditions listed above, and that the image locations change from time to time, resulting in broken links for your site.
What you cannot do without a commercial licence
- No images or text may be used without carrying appropriate copyright information next to the images or text, acknowledging that the copyright to all images are owned by D. Scott Frey. Furthermore, no license is granted in respect of any property rights.
- You may not redistribute or reproduce multiple copies, make derivative works, perform or otherwise use in a public way the images or text except as part of your own personal website, non-profit website or educational documents.
- Images or text may not be sold or used in any way in connection with any activity wherein payment is earned. This includes use on a commercial web site, or use by any organization (including non-profit) which has paid personnel.
- All images must accurately represent the original work and be used in their entirety without tampering, additions, cropping, low quality reproduction, or other manipulation that would affect the integrity of the image.
- The images or text of "D. Scott Frey" which you obtain from any source are licensed to you by D. Scott Frey for the limited purpose of personal use. This does not mean that title to the image was transferred to you. You own the medium on which the images or text are recorded, but D. Scott Frey retains full and complete title to the images or text, and any intellectual property rights therein.
I reserve the right to make future changes to these guidelines. By using any "D. Scott Frey" image you thereby consent to these guidelines and any future changes.
If you have particular concerns about image use, or wish to reproduce any of the images for commercial purposes, please contact me above
(due credit for the terms I have outlined goes to Quang-Tuan Luong of www.terragalleria.com )